Our production is led by an ambitious energy saving program. Here are some of our latest updates:
• Every year we replace 20% of our factory lamps with energy saving LED lightning. Starting 2019, we have now, entering 2022, replaced 60% so far. We also increased the inflow of natural daylight by new larger roof windows.
• We finalized the installation of inverters on all large electric motors in our machinery and save valuable energy by optimizing the operating parameters.
• Since 2019, we have heat exchangers on all our exhaust filters.
• In our Nordic climate, improving the insulation of our premises results in large energy savings. We constantly find and improve heat leaks.
• The production is run and heated by 100% renewable energy, since 2013.
• For internal transport, all indoor and outdoor forklifts have been electrified during 2020.
The use of chemical products is limited to small amounts of NAF veneer adhesives and the water-based lacquer system.
Wood waste is sold in our Webb Shop as hobby material or used for the heating of our premises.
Gypsum waste is re-used to produce new gypsum boards.
To not ship air, we use customized packaging for our customized products. Gustafs has in-house production of cut to size carton boxes. To better fill trucks we use and innovative stacking system for palletised goods.
All Gustafs-owned trucks are running on Biodiesel with a minimum of 27% renewable content and we are closely following the electrification of trucks. All tires used are free from cancerogenic HA oils.
All drivers must follow an eco-driving training program.