No tools are needed to assemble the interlocking components. The system is fully demountable, ideal when access to the ancillary systems is required.
02 DEMOUNTABLE RIBS +
02 DEMOUNTABLE RIBS
Demountable and reliable fixation clip. The ribs are simply demounted by a shearing movement. This is done by hand and no tools are needed.
IN-LINE JOINTS +
The ends of two ribs can be fixed on the same BASE-CD profile and in the same fixation hole. The rib-ends will be fully fixated for perfect looking and over time lasting connections, still completely demountable.
These instructions refer to our standard installation. For other solutions such as curved ceilings, closures and door liners, contact our support.
Select Ribs on colour shade and plan your ceiling installation, we recommend mixing varying shades randomly.
The room temperature should be between 18-50 C°.
The air humidity should be between 25-60%. The humidity in the under laying construction (concrete) should not be higher than 15%.
Step by step guide, using 2400 mm long Linear Ribs
1. Suspend the Nonius ceiling hangers from the ceiling. Plan the positioning of the Nonius according to steps 3 and 4. ↓
2. Use the adapter NONIUS-CD to connect the BASE-CD profile to the ceiling hangers.
3. Suspend the BASE-CD profiles with a repeated interval of 600 mm, measured from the centrums of the profiles (cc).
A = 600 mm
4. Measured along the length of the BASE-CD, the connection to the ceiling must be made every 600 mm .
B = 600 mm
5. Level the height using a laser and secure the hanger with the Nonius-CD with the locking pin.
6. Secure the position of the NONIUS-CD by bending the 2 wings.
7. When needed, connect the BASE-CD in-line with profile 3263 and assure the cc distance between the fixation holes remains constant. Increase the friction between the engaging components by slightly twisting one corner inwards, on each BASE-CD.
Base-CD in-line connection using Capax profile 3263
8. Snap the distance profile 3262 perpendicular to the BASE-CD every 1200 mm.
9. Two distance profiles Capax 3262 will partially run parallel, where mounted on the same BASE-CD.
10. Install Acoustex-15 insulation onto the “T” section of the BASE-CD.
11. Attach a U-FIX-CDC holder to each end of the linear ribs using tool M-BLOCK-CD. The holders must be placed with the spring clip closest the ends of the ribs.
12. Attached 3 additional U-FIX-CD at a cc distance of 600 ± 10 mm.
A = 600 ± 10 mm
13. Attach the ribs to the BASE-CD by clicking the spring-clips into the rectangular holes.
14. The in-line connection of 2 ribs should be secured by a BASE-CD profile.
15. The end of a rib must not protrude unsupported more than max 200 mm.
Demounting & Remounting
For easy access to the ancillary systems the ribs can be demounted and remounted over and over again, without the need of any tooling. The extra large fixation holes make the re-entering process as easy and quick as the first installation.
The system is designed for unlimited re-installations over it’s full life time. This is assured by the design and the materials chosen for the parts providing this unique snap mechanism.
Curved wall installations
Standard curved installation with Linear rib, is possible down to a radius of 300 mm
Ceiling carrier. Lenght: 3100mm
Distance profile, with cuts every 50 mm. Lenght: 3120 mm
A. Nonius hanger
B. Nonius adapter
C. Nonius locking pin
D. 3262 distance profile
F. Linear Rib
H. 3263 Connector
I. Acoustex insulation
Wood is a natural product and each veneer is unique. Colour, pattern and structural differences are considered as normal and a part of the décor. Select panels and ribs on colour shade and plan your wall or ceiling installation, we recommend mixing varying shades randomly. Wood changes over time when exposed to UV-light.
Conditions for Storage, Installation and Use
Only for indoor use and not in wet rooms. Storage, Installation and Use at 18-50 C° and 25-60% air humidity. The humidity in the under laying construc-tion (concrete) should not be higher than 15%. Gustafs solutions are sensitive to humidity and water, therefore they should always be stored dry and in-door.
Storage & Transportation
– Do not transport unsecured panels.
– Do not stack pallets.
– Keep the packaging closed during storage.
– Lift panels flat, vertically and one at the time.
– Avoid exposure to strong and direct sunlight.
Cleanings is done by dry mop or vacuum. Use synthetic cleaning fluid without ammonia for greasy stains, fruit, wine and coffee. Blood is removed with cold water.
Our UV coated and Laminate surfaces are approved for hospital cleaning products containing up to 70% alcohol.
On building site
– Avoid exposure to strong and direct sunlight.
– Do not expose visible surfaces to sharp objects during installation.
– Do not slide products on each other. Lean panels against a wall for short term storage.
– Protect both non-installed and installed panels and ribs from impact coming from ladders, trolleys, furniture installation, etc, including all other workers and their tools.