Gustafs Panel System is fitted on to walls by means of Capax mounting profiles so that each panel is individually locked on all four sides. The Capax installation system is fully integral with the panels, concealed, time saving and reliable.
Gustafs Panel System is fitted on to walls by means of Capax installation profiles so that each panel is individually locked on all four sides. The Capax installation system is fully integral with the panels, concealed, time saving and reliable. The construction is torsionally rigid and self-bearing, lacking the need to fix onto adjacent walls. Gustafs Capax System offers full panel demountability and thereby access to overlying technical installations while maintaining its overall stability and strength.
Gustafs Panel System is fitted on to walls by means of Capax mounting profiles so that each panel is individually locked on all four sides. The Capax installation system is fully integrated with the panels, concealed, time saving and reliable.
These instructions refer to our standard installation. For other solutions such as curved walls, closures and door liners, contact our support.
In order to achieve a fully satisfactory result it is important for the underlay to be well balanced vertically and horizontally. If the panel wall is perforated or slotted and will act as a sound absorber, the substructure should be extended to allow space for mineral wool insulation and air gaps. The mineral wool should always be placed close behind the panel. See technical drawings for wall construction.
Before you start your installation
Plan your installation
Select panels on colour shade and plan your wall installation, we recommend mixing varying shades randomly.
The room temperature should be between 18-50 C°. The air humidity should be between 25-60%. The humidity in the under laying construction (concrete) should not be higher than 15%.
Gustafs Panel System can be fitted on most types of underlay. Before the fitting commences the fitter must ensure himself that the construction behind is well anchored and dimensioned in order to bear the weight of the panel wall. This applies in particular to high walls and large areas.
Step by step installation guide
1. Mount the battens on a well anchored wall using a laser alignment.
2. Check that the battens are fully levelled, vertical and horizontal, adjust if necessary.
3.(For acoustic installation) Install the insulation between the joints.
4. Install the first capax profile onto battens. Remove any debris that may have fallen into the profile.
5. Mount the first panel on the first profile.
6. Then attach the panel by fitting the next profile. Sort the panels by colour and wood texture.
6. Continue with the next panel, etc. You can also saw the panels on site if necessary. Be sure to polish the edges of the panel after cutting.
7. Finish with mouldings and corner solutions.
The installation of Gustafs panels when curved on site, during the installation.
Installations with a radius of 5 meters or more
1. Panels are ordered as standard.
2. The veneer direction can be along or perpendicular to the curve.
3. Installed panels are kept in place by the Capax profiles along all 4 sides.
Installations with a radius less than 5 meters
1. Panels must be ordered with a MDF core and a slotted backside. 50 mm on each side must be non slotted.
2. The veneer direction must be along the curve.
3. Solid wooden edges are not possible along the curved sides. If not covered separately, the backside slots will visible along the curved sides.
4. Concave installed panels are kept in place by the Capax profiles along the straight sides.
5. Convex installed panels are kept in place by the Capax profiles along the straight sides and some additional glue to keep the curve.
CAPAX 3251 / 3231 (HPL)
Closed joint profiles
Open joint profiles
CAPAX 3202 / 3212 (HPL) 10mm
CAPAX 3202 / 3212 (HPL) 5mm
Outer corner profiles
CAPAX 3209 / 3239 (HPL)
CAPAX 3219 / 3229 (HPL)
Inner corner profiles
Demountable start profiles
Demountable joint profiles
CAPAX 3202 5mm
CAPAX 3202 10mm
CAPAX 3202 15mm
Demountable end profiles
EXAMPLE WALL CONSTRUCTION
Acoustic construction 88 mm
1. Concret wall
2. Battens and air void
5. Capax profile
6. Gustafs panel
Wood is a natural product and each veneer is unique. Colour, pattern and structural differences are considered as normal and a part of the décor. Select panels and ribs on colour shade and plan your wall or ceiling installation, we recommend mixing varying shades randomly. Wood changes over time when exposed to UV-light.
Conditions for Storage, Installation and Use
Only for indoor use and not in wet rooms. Storage, Installation and Use at 18-50 C° and 25-60% air humidity. The humidity in the under laying construc-tion (concrete) should not be higher than 15%. Gustafs solutions are sensitive to humidity and water, therefore they should always be stored dry and in-door.
Storage & Transportation
– Do not transport unsecured panels.
– Do not stack pallets.
– Keep the packaging closed during storage.
– Lift panels flat, vertically and one at the time. Panels 1800 mm or longer should be handled by 2 persons and lifted and carried with one of the longest sides upwards to avoid bending.
– Avoid exposure to strong and direct sunlight.
– Cleanings is done by dry mop or vacuum. Use synthetic cleaning fluid without ammonia for greasy stains, fruit, wine and coffee. Blood is removed with cold water.
– Our UV coated and Laminate surfaces are approved for hospital cleaning products containing up to 70% alcohol.
On building site
– Avoid exposure to strong and direct sunlight.
– Do not expose visible surfaces to sharp objects during installation.
– Do not slide products on each other. Lean panels against a wall for short term storage.
– Lean panels against a wall for short term storage.
– Protect both non-installed and installed panels and ribs from impact coming from ladders, trolleys, furniture installation, etc, including all other workers and their tools.
Please note that the fire classification for perforated panels only is valid when a mineral wool insulation is used behind.
Thickness 45 mm density, minimum 28 kg/m³, Euroclass A1 or A2.
Gustafs Panel dimensions wall
01. Dimensions wall
Wall panels are available in formats up to 2400 x 1200 mm, 3000 x 600mm.
Panels with lengths 2401-3000 mm have the maximum width of 600 mm.
Panel thickness 13,2 mm