From Sweden - Designed for Eyes and Ears
Loading...
Green Gustafs 2018-06-15T11:03:24+00:00

GREEN GUSTAFS

Living and working as we do in the forest and pastoral landscape around Gustafs in the region of Dalarna we are reminded daily of our responsibility for our environment both locally and in a global perspective. Our factory therefore, has an active and progressive environmental program.

Effect

Gustafs panels consist of mostly gypsum and wood totaling 98% natural materials. The remaining 2 % consist of strictly controlled veneer glues and surface lacquers. Through studied choices of environmentally friendly material and work methods we reduce our total environmental effect.
Our workplace and products are controlled by environmental laws and statutes which we fulfill. Our environmental goals however, strive to exceed these levels where practically and economically possible.

A long life-cycle

Gustafs products are manufactured with precision and the highest quality using natural materials. Whether chosen for fire retardant or acoustical purposes our product will perform with unreduced performance throughout their lifetime.

Our Working Environment

We at Gustafs strive to maintain a high level of environmental awareness among our fellow workers. We actively promote our program to reduce all work related illnesses and accidents while generating a good and safe working environment. It is important for us to communicate with our suppliers and customers our environmental awareness and standards.

Effect

Gustafs panels consist of mostly gypsum and wood totaling 98% natural materials. The remaining 2 % consist of strictly controlled veneer glues and surface lacquers. Through studied choices of environmentally friendly material and work methods we reduce our total environmental effect.
Our workplace and products are controlled by environmental laws and statutes which we fulfill. Our environmental goals however, strive to exceed these levels where practically and economically possible.

A long life-cycle

Gustafs products are manufactured with precision and the highest quality using natural materials. Whether chosen for fire retardant or acoustical purposes our product will perform with unreduced performance throughout their lifetime.

Our Working Environment

We at Gustafs strive to maintain a high level of environmental awareness among our fellow workers. We actively promote our program to reduce all work related illnesses and accidents while generating a good and safe working environment. It is important for us to communicate with our suppliers and customers our environmental awareness and standards.

ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY

It is just as important for us to ensure the survival of the rain forest areas as it is to eliminate the use of health hazardous chemicals in our production process. One way is to strive to find new materials that imitate rare wood species. Another way is to use only environmentally safe materials and methods in the manufacturing process. Gustafs Panels consist of 98% natural materials which include gypsum and wood. The use of chemical products is limited to the veneer adhesive and the surface treatment.
Naturally, our environmental efforts are controlled by legislation but, we strive to exceed the legal demands and set our environmental goals at a higher level. We regularly conduct environmental audits of our process as a natural part of our continuous improvement ambitions. Our environmental policy is so important to us that we try to maintain an open dialogue concerning environmental issues with our staff, suppliers and customers.

ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY

It is just as important for us to ensure the survival of the rain forest areas as it is to eliminate the use of health hazardous chemicals in our production process. One way is to strive to find new materials that imitate rare wood species. Another way is to use only environmentally safe materials and methods in the manufacturing process. Gustafs Panels consist of 98% natural materials which include gypsum and wood. The use of chemical products is limited to the veneer adhesive and the surface treatment.
Naturally, our environmental efforts are controlled by legislation but, we strive to exceed the legal demands and set our environmental goals at a higher level. We regularly conduct environmental audits of our process as a natural part of our continuous improvement ambitions. Our environmental policy is so important to us that we try to maintain an open dialogue concerning environmental issues with our staff, suppliers and customers.

Gustafs Factory Energy Mix

Hydroelectric 84%
Wind Power 14%
Solar Energy 2%

100% renewable energy sources

With 100% of the electricity from renewable sources such as hydrolelectric, wind power and solar energy, Gustafs will deliver products produced from a climate neutral process.

100% renewable energy sources

With 100% of the electricity from renewable sources such as hydrolelectric, wind power and solar energy, Gustafs will deliver products produced from a climate neutral process.

Recycled Material

Gustafs panels contain an incredible 94% recycled material. Even better is the fact that 17% of the total content comes from post consumer recycled material, very important for the LEED and BREEAM certification of buildings.

Recycled Material

Gustafs panels contain an incredible 94% recycled material. Even better is the fact that 17% of the total content comes from post consumer recycled material, very important for the LEED and BREEAM certification of buildings.

Energy saving

Gustafs panels have a high thermal mass and are good in storing thermal energy. In that way the panels will help to even out daily fluctuations in room temperature. This simple use of natural cooling and heating, can drastically result in substantial savings of power consumption.

Energy saving

Gustafs panels have a high thermal mass and are good in storing thermal energy. In that way the panels will help to even out daily fluctuations in room temperature. This simple use of natural cooling and heating, can drastically result in substantial savings of power consumption.

Naturally very low emitting

Gustafs fiber gypsum solutions are always produced with “No Added urea Formaldehyde”.

Fiber gypsum does not notably emit, and Gustafs solutions based on this core material are extremely low emitting, so even if the are classified E1, they will pass many other and more strict classification systems as well.

Contact us for more information about alternative emissions classification systems like CARB, NAF, ULEF, EMICODE, M1, AgBB, Blue Angel and GUT. Please note that note that these systems often use non-harmonized test methods and that official comparing cannot be done.

Naturally very low emitting

Gustafs fiber gypsum solutions are always produced with “No Added urea Formaldehyde”.

Fiber gypsum does not notably emit, and Gustafs solutions based on this core material are extremely low emitting, so even if the are classified E1, they will pass many other and more strict classification systems as well.

Contact us for more information about alternative emissions classification systems like CARB, NAF, ULEF, EMICODE, M1, AgBB, Blue Angel and GUT. Please note that note that these systems often use non-harmonized test methods and that official comparing cannot be done.

Nothing added

Compared with MDF or Plywood cores, the Gustafs fiber gypsum core needs no glue in the manufacturing process, and the “no added urea formaldehyde” is guaranteed by it’s natural qualities.

Wood based cores like MDF, Plywood and chipboards need either fire retardant impregnations or lacquers to get an improved reaction to fire. A Fiber Gypsum core is non-combustible without any added fire retardent chemicals.

Gustafs solutions do not contain:

-fire retardants

-fire retardant lacquers

-added urea formaldehyde

Nothing added

Compared with MDF or Plywood cores, the Gustafs fiber gypsum core needs no glue in the manufacturing process, and the “no added urea formaldehyde” is guaranteed by it’s natural qualities.

Wood based cores like MDF, Plywood and chipboards need either fire retardant impregnations or lacquers to get an improved reaction to fire. A Fiber Gypsum core is non-combustible without any added fire retardent chemicals.

Gustafs solutions do not contain:

-fire retardants

-fire retardant lacquers

-added urea formaldehyde

Certificate

Read more about the benefits of using Gustafs in your project.

DOWNLOADS